"Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it." Proverbs 22:6
Community Events and Activities
* Lake Havasu Ballet, managed by Jeanne Fernando, offers quality ballet instruction with principles of true artistic beauty and modesty. Jeanne began offering these classes to homeschool students eleven years ago, and they are now open to anyone in the community. There are entry level openings for all age levels. Classes meet at Stonebridge Christian Fellowship, 2700 Jamaica Blvd., and cost is still comparatively low. Call Jeanne at 453-8337 for schedules and information.
* London Bridge Leo Club (Young Lions) is a community service leadership organization for young persons ages 12-18. Please contact Mary Seay, adviser, if you would like an application for your child.
* Awana Clubs meet on Wednesday nights September through April. The goal of Awana Clubs is to reach boys and girls with the Gospel of Christ and to train them to serve Him. Havasu Alliance Church sponsors Awana for all children age two through twelfth grade. They meet at the Community Presbyterian Church on the corner of Chemehuevi and Saratoga. Please contact the commander, Mike Adams, if you would more information at 928) 706-3434, or come to try it out any Wednesday at 6:00 P.M. (High school students meet at 5:00 P.M.)
* Troy Myren, Myren's Music Lessons, has openings for new piano and/or clarinet students. Troy (home-educated through high school) is a third-generation music teacher who has studied under three master clarinetists. He has received his B.A. in Music Performance from Azusa Pacific University. He desires to help others enhance their life with a life-long passion for music. Troy can teach at your location or his. For more information, including pricing and availability, contact Troy at 253) 202-6040, or email: email@example.com
* Art classes are available at Christine's Fine Art Gallery. Christine offers a children's art class for students nine and older, on Saturdays from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Students learn drawing techniques and work in pastels, colored pencils and acrylic paints. Call her at 505-4199 for more information.
* Lisa Boody, a HCHE graduate, is founder of Hoofbeats from Heaven. She is providing services for people with special needs, including disabled US Veterans, to benefit from the effect of equine-assisted therapeutic riding. Lisa's misson is to improve the minds, bodies, and spirits of children adults (age 2 to 90) who are struggling with challenges in everyday life due to their disabilities or disorders, such as, but not limited to, cerebral palsy, autism, PTSD, Down's Syndrome, ADD, ADHD and more. If you would like to participate in her program, or if you want to volunteer to help Lisa, please contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 928) 208-2141.
* Karen Fresh, a prior HCHE member owns Lake Havasu Black Belt Academy. She offers Taekwondo classes to people of all ages. Check out her website for more information.