"Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it." Proverbs 22:6
Community Events and Activities
* Lake Havasu Ballet, managed by Jeanne Fernando, offers quality ballet instruction with principles of true artistic beauty and modesty. Ms. Jeanne began offering these classes to homeschool students eleven years ago, and they are now open to anyone in the community. There are entry level openings for all age levels. Classes meet at Stonebridge Christian Fellowship, 2700 Jamaica Blvd., and cost is comparatively low. Call Ms. Jeanne at 928-453-8337 for schedules and information.
* Awana Clubs meet on Wednesday nights September through April. The goal of Awana Clubs is to reach boys and girls with the Gospel of Christ and to train them to serve Him. Havasu Alliance Church sponsors Awana for all children age two through twelfth grade. They meet at the Community Presbyterian Church on the corner of Chemehuevi and Saratoga. Please contact the commander, Mike Adams, if you would more information at 928-706-3434, or come to try it out any Wednesday at 6:00 p.m. (High school students meet at 5:00 p.m.)
* Troy Myren, Myren's Music Lessons, has openings for new piano and/or clarinet students. Mr. Troy (home-educated through high school) is a third-generation music teacher who has studied under three master clarinetists. He has received his B.A. in Music Performance from Azusa Pacific University. He desires to help others enhance their life with a life-long passion for music. Mr. Troy can teach at your location or his. For more information, including pricing and availability, contact Troy at 253-202-6040, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Art classes are available at Pam Reinke Studio. Ms. Pam offers children and adult art classes. Students learn drawing techniques, working in pastels, colored pencils and acrylic paints, etc. Call or text her at 928-412-7726 for more information.
* Karen Fresh, a prior HCHE member owns Lake Havasu Black Belt Academy. She offers Taekwondo classes to people of all ages. Check out her website for more information.
*Psalms Learning Center is a private Christian education center, designed to support families and their academic needs. Homeschool students join the full-time students at the learning center from 11:45-2:30 four days a week. Mondays and Wednesdays students will have Art, Music, and PE. Tuesdays and Thursdays students will have S.T.E.M., Creative Writing, and Edu-Play. For more information: www.PsalmsLearningCenter.com